Thursday, April 28, 2016

Saved Your Life

I saved my new coworker's life today.

I was showing her the ins and outs of opening up the department.
And we were in the back,
I was having her check on the animals back there, writing on the charts.

I happened to look up.
As she was leaning in over a reptile cage.

And saw this ginormous spider!

It had come down from the ceiling.
Was hovering like a foot away from her head.
If she leaned forward anymore, she may encounter it.

And that thing was huge.
With it's long legs it was like the size of a tennis ball at least!
-One of those creepy harvester spiders that come and go in our store depending on how many crickets are loose...

I didn't have time to tell her to step back.
Because I figured she would do exactly the wrong thing and stand there talking at me.
Which may have resulted in the spider making a landing on her.

So I just grabbed her and pulled her back.

To which she was like.
O.o What are you doing?
Once she was pulled back to a safe distance I pointed and said "Spider"
To which she saw it.
And totally freaked out.
Darting to hide behind me to peer over my shoulder at the crazy big spider. lol.

And we watched it. Hover above the cage for another second.
Before it climbed back up the web string it had used to sink down.
To hover at the ceiling.

We didn't stick around to see what the spider would do next.

Thankfully, it didn't land on either one of us. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

1 comment: