Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Gone, Maybe Forever

It's been an empty tank for like forever now.
The tank where we're supposed to be keeping our Fire-Belly Toads when we have them in stock.

Only.
They haven't been in stock.
For Months.

I think November? May be the last time I got in a shipment of Toads, if not earlier in October or Even September. Who knows at this point.

In any case.
We haven't gotten in a shipment of Toads for forever.

Because our Supplier doesn't have any.
The inventory always reads ZERO when I check it.

So, today, I finally asked my stocking manager, to check and see if there had been any messages or emails or anything.
because whenever I'd scan them, a particular code would come up. Code 25.
Which I thought meant that they were being discontinued, or something.

Which I was close on. After a bit of digging around.
We discovered that the Toads had been placed in the "Long Term Out of Stock"

Which meant....we had no idea when or if they would come back in.
They might never come back in.
Who knows.

But I couldn't just leave that tank empty for forever more.
So, I checked in with the manager over my department when she came into the store.

And she agreed with my plan,
To separate out our Hermit Crabs.
Because we sell 'two' types of Hermit Crabs.
Fancy ones, and Normal ones.
The difference?
The shell style.

But sometimes it can get confusing as to which hermit crabs are Fancy and which are not.

So this would solve that problem, until we get more Toads in. :)

So that's what I did.
I took out all the rocks and decorations and the water filter that was in there.
-Which had black tar like stuff falling from the spout. :S probably not healthy
And cleaned it all out, replacing it with dirt.

So now we have two tanks of Hermit Crabs. :) Yay.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment