Thursday, April 14, 2016

Abandoned

O.o What is it with people and not understanding that animals are actual living creatures that need care?

A friend of mine texted me while I was at work.
Asking if a goldfish and a molly could live with her African Dwarf Frog in a tank.

Depending on the tank....they can. But you'll need a filter and a heater.
And her frog tank had neither.
Plus....the goldfish shouldn't be in the same tank as the molly.
Because the goldfish can give off a lot of ammonia, which can be toxic to other fish if they're not used to it.

I was curious.
How did my friend end up with these two fish?

>.<
Well
Apparently one of her roommates along with a guy friend.
Had gone to one of our Sister Stores where she now lives.

And had bought both fish.
>.< Which annoys me that the associates up there didn't ask more questions. Or perhaps they did, and the two people gave answers that satisfied them.

But, the roommate and guy friend had bought the two fish....
For Hot Tubbing? O.o
I have no idea how fish and hot tubbing go together....
As hot water would kill the fish.

The fish were still alive though.
Which was amazing.
As apparently roommate and friend placed them in my friend's apartment.
And left them.
In the bags from the store.
All. Night. Long.

Fish can survive in bags that long. I know they can. I've seen it.
But not every fish is that hardy.

So these two were lucky.
To have survive.
Lucky that my friend found them.
Lucky that they now have a better place to live under better conditions than they were before.

Ugh. Some people....some people don't deserve to have pets.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment