Monday, June 6, 2016

A Vet Trip

So, I had animals that needed to go to the vet today.
Ones that could not be delayed another day for they weren't doing well.

But the plan that I'd talked to my managers about the day before....
Didn't seem to be working out.

As the manager who was supposed to be coming in....
Didn't.
Our newer manager -who'd never taken animals to the vet, and couldn't take them to the vet because he had school right after work- had come in instead.

Not a big deal, as we had a second manager scheduled to come in an hour before the newer manager was scheduled to leave.

Only....
Last week, when I had to take animals to the vet.
And I was in the same situation.
The second manager had forgotten that he was supposed to take the animals to the vet.
And so came in just as the other manager had to leave.

....Which meant that I ended up having to take those animals to the vet myself (something I'm not technically supposed to do as I'm not a manager) In order for them to be seen, as they wouldn't have made it to the vet otherwise.

So today,
When I realized what was happening.
I had two options.
To wait and see if history would repeat itself.
Or take action and ensure that history wouldn't repeat itself.

I chose to take action.
As I had this manager's phone number.
So I sent him a text.
Reminding him that there were animals that needed to go to the vet today.

Surprisingly enough. He'd remembered O.o
And was actually on his way to come grab them when I texted him.

So, I hadn't needed to worry about the animals getting to the vet today.....
Though I'm pretty sure that if I hadn't texted, then I would have encountered the same situation as last week.
So better to be safe than sorry.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment