Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I Want Food

Ugh.
I hate it when my coworkers don't listen.....
Though sometimes I wonder if they do it out of spite.

So, this morning it was me and my coworker.
And we were both staying in the store long enough, where we needed to take a lunch break
-Usually it's just me who needs to take lunches as the others don't stay as long to need it.

Only my coworker had been delayed in helping a difficult customer.
And I couldn't really leave as there were other customers needing help.

She was supposed to leave my department at a certain time, to go spend her last hour as a back up cashier on the register.

Which when she finally got done with the customer.
She was due to be out of my dept in half an hour.
Exactly how long of a lunch we each needed to take.

And since she was off before me.
She needed to take that lunch first.

Which meant she would need to cover me when I took my lunch, which meant she wouldn't be in her cashiering position for half of her hour in that department because I would need to take my lunch.

Yet somewhere in there.
Our communications didn't....well, communicate.

As the plan was for her to go on lunch, for me to go on lunch, and then she'd go on cashiering...probably to cover the cashier's lunch and then be off.

But either she didn't connect the dots that I needed to take a lunch too....
Or she was just so tired she wasn't thinking...
Or she was purposely making my life difficult......

Because after she got back from lunch, she went straight to the register, and the cashier disappeared.

Which....I assumed that the cashier had snagged her first and gone on lunch.
And while I wasn't happy to have to wait an hour longer to go on break than I'd planned.
I was willing to overlook it.

Until my coworker called the cashier up to be backup.

*eye twitch*

The cashier hadn't gone on shift.
Instead, my coworker had just assumed she had to be on register when she got back.
and didn't realize, somehow, that I still had to take a lunch too while she was there as no one else would be in my department until I was off.

So I checked in with the cashier first, to ensure that she wasn't going on lunch. And explained that I needed my coworker to cover me for my lunch,

Again, I wonder....what was she thinking.

Thankfully we all managed to get our lunches in.
But the miscommunication sure was irritating.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment