Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Stretched Taut

We have these chains across the various ladders we have at work.
Ones that we can hook and unhook as we need the ladder to climb on.

Most of the time the chains stay unhooked because my coworkers and I are constantly going up and down said ladders to catch fish on the top row of fish tanks and bag them for customers.

Well, when the chains stay unhooked,
Children are more than likely to see it as an opportunity to climb.

Which is what happened here.
Only the mother noticed just as I did,
And told her kid to get down, and surprisingly, she then went the extra measure, and hooked the chain across the ladder for me to show her kid it wasn't to climb on.

I thought "Oh cool! That's helpful!"
And didn't think more on it.

Until an hour or so later,
When I needed to use that ladder to catch a fish for a customer.

()_()
I couldn't get the chain off.
No. the thing was so taut there was hardly any give at all.
Which was so weird, because the chains usually are slack enough to form a shallow smile. Easy to hook up, easy to take off.
But somehow, the customer had gotten part of the chain wrapped around one of the hooks,
So when she strung it across to the other side.
It was taut.
I'm surprise she even got it to hook.
As I couldn't get it off.

I ended up having to use a different ladder, and once the customer was gone, basically had to take apart a couple of the links in order to get it slack enough to unhook.
O.o

Talk about overachieving that 'keep the kids off' goal....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment