Thursday, June 2, 2016

One in a Bag

So, one of my coworkers has a rather loud voice.
Like you literally can hear her when she's at the front of the store and you're at the back of the store.
Her voice just carries.

I thought it weird...
That I could hear her talking to the same customer for a long time.
I was busy finishing up cleaning some cages.
And didn't realize what she was doing until it was too late.

She'd caught somewhere between 20-30 of our goldfish for a customer.
Who, from what I could see and tell from overhearing portions of the conversation as I moved about completing my own tasks....was that she'd gotten a bunch of betta females and a few of our Dwarf Frogs as well...and already had those in her cart.

I thought my coworker would quickly be done with her....
As it doesn't take that long to catch and bag up fish.

What I didn't realize though....
Was that my coworker was individually bagging up each goldfish.
So 20-30 goldfish were being bagged one in a bag.
And not just our small bags.
But our largest bags.

O.O
We're not supposed to do that.
For one we're technically not supposed to sell for 'events' aka Weddings, proms, carnivals, receptions etc.
The managers in my store don't care about that little fact, *eye twitch* but we have been rather firm on not individually bagging those fish.

Because it's a waste of time for us, and resources.
I mean my coworker just spent 40 minutes bagging those fish! *eye twitch*

If a customer wants a ton of fish individually bagged, we have the right to refuse.
Usually we end up putting the fish in one or two bags (depending on how many they want) and then give them the bags so they can bag them themselves.

Yet....here my coworker was....
Doing exactly that.
Bagging up each goldfish individually for this customer.
For who knows why. Maybe there was a legitimate reason. But I'm guessing it was for some sort of 'event' as people don't usually want their fish individually bagged.

*shakes head*
By the time my coworker was done, the lady's cart was overfilled with bags.

And when I brought it up to my coworker (when she was halfway through)
She was like ()_() WHAT?! I didn't know we couldn't?!!

OooOooohh
HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THAT! YOU'VE BEEN HERE NEARLY TWO YEARS. SOMEWHERE IN THAT TIME FRAME I MUST HAVE MENTIONED IT TO YOU!!

Ugh. >.<

Needless to say, I wasn't very happy with her because it delayed us in opening with that venture.

....I suppose I should say that at least the customer left happy.

Even if it left me irritated.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment