Monday, June 27, 2016

Black and Orange

It usually happens, that we end up getting the busiest in my shifts....when I am alone in the department.

Some days it gets busy enough that I'm being called in six directions at once....with no backup to help me out. Or if there is backup, they're already busy helping elsewhere in the store. Like with cashiering, or helping customers in other areas in the store.
Effectively leaving me by myself.

Which was what happened today.
In that I'd been called over to let customers see the cats and adopt one out.
To return to my main department that had three different customers waiting.
And I helped them in the order that I'd seen them.

Which left a woman last out of the people being helped.
She'd been standing by our goldfish waiting to be helped there.

And when I finally got to her.
She said that she needed 24 of our largest goldfish.

But before I could ask -as I usually do- if there were specific goldfish that she wanted.

She stated right out. "I need 24 large goldfish. I want all the black and orange ones you have, then the rest are to be orange."

O.o
Okay.
No problem.

I bent down to the task, just as her husband came up.
And he heard what she was saying.
And was like. "Really?"
And she was like "Yes really, I was made to wait, so therefore I'm going to get the goldfish I want."

O.o
Okay....
Though if you're in a hurry lady, having me pick out specific fish isn't going to make it go faster.

I also found it....odd that she didn't like being 'made to wait.'
What did she expect? Instant service upon walking in the door? If she saw that I was the only one in the dept, how could she expect me to help her any faster? I suppose she thought she should have been helped first. Though I had no way of knowing who needed help, and upon being called to my dept had thought I'd helped the person I'd been called there for.

In any case.

I did have the thought cross my mind to take as long as possible in catching her fish.
....though my instinct is to help the unhappy person as quickly as possible and get them out of my store....

Still, I started out catching just the orange and black ones.
Which she did not like after like the second fish.
As she said. "Any orange ones you catch you can put in as well."
Which I was fine with. It would make catching all 24 fish faster, though she wouldn't get all the orange and black ones she wanted.

Still.
I found it rather amusing that she was seeking to make my life more difficult.
As it's not the most difficult fish request I've received.
I mean, I've had years of experience catching fish.
So to be told to catch specific ones is no longer a big deal.
It just means the customer will have to wait longer if that particular fish is being difficult in being caught.
Otherwise, I enjoy catching fish, so I have no problem fishing out specific ones. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment