Tuesday, June 6, 2017

A Slip of Paper

I had a customer come up to me on the register today, and hand me a piece of paper.
On that paper was a picture of a dog tag and the price listed.

Which confused me at first, because....why hand me a picture of the dog tag and not grab the dog tag itself to buy it?

Well...it's because the customer thought that the dog tags were in the machine that engraves the dog tags. -As on the display around the engraver were empty slots where no dog tags were hanging. And so believed that he simply needed to show me the piece of paper to get the tag he wanted. 

....Well no.
But luckily our other display of dog tags was right behind him.
Even more lucky is that the tag he wanted was in stock.

So I simply pulled the dog tag from the display and continued on with his purchase so that he could go engrave it on our engraver.

Though...it would make more sense if the dog engraver acted more like a vending machine....that would make life easier for everyone...you know until the tags ran out....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment