Monday, June 26, 2017

At the Reptiles

I was on the opposite side of the store from my department when I heard the cashier call for me over the intercom. 
Well. Specifically it was for Pet Care, but since my coworker was busy in the back cleaning cages. 
The call was for me.

And where was I needed? 
At the Reptiles. 

My view of those cages was blocked originally, but as I moved towards it, I saw two women walk by the reptiles and head down the reptile aisle. 

Curious as to why they hadn't stopped at the cages, I moved to the aisle, only to see that they had vanished. 

O.o Had those people not been the ones needing my help?
I glanced around the reptiles, but no one else was there.
So I turned around to the cashier and held up my hands. "Who am I supposed to be helping?" I asked. Though I still suspected it was the two women who had disappeared elsewhere.
And I was slightly irritated they hadn't stuck around where they needed help because I didn't want to have to go chase them down.

The cashier was confused, leaning over the counter to try and see the customers she'd called me over to help. "I...they were just here. Two women." She said.

I had been standing between our two reptile displays, and turned around in time to see one of the women customers coming towards me. "Hi!" she said. "Could you tell us where the reptiles are?" 

lol. 
I could only...well spread my arms out and say "Right here." 

Because....HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THE REPTILE CAGES WHEN YOU WALKED RIGHT BY THEM?!!?

*shakes head* I don't understand it. But my guess was they were expecting something different than what we had and so didn't see the animal cages? Who knows.

But I was able to help the two women out. Answer their questions about snakes, because their son/grandson wanted a snake for his birthday.....next year....and they decided that they wanted to start researching early about getting a snake, so they would be aware of what they would be getting themselves into. As well as to get them used to the idea of having a snake in the house. lol. 

Hopefully I was able to help answer all their questions. :) 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment