Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The Cleanliness Issue

She's back. 
>.< 
I actually don't know if it's the same woman or not.
But if it is.
She's back.

You see.
Last Fall, we got terrorized at work by a particular customer.
Who's obsessed with our guinea pig cages. 
And their cleanliness.

She was constantly complaining that our cages were too dirty, that we had too many guinea pigs in them, that they were in unclean and unhealthy conditions....it got to the point where the manager had us cleaning the cages Two if not THREE times a week to keep her happy!! Which is totally unrealistic in being able to keep our resources from running out and our monthly budget in check. 

When the fact is...we had the amount of guinea pigs that were recommended for the size of the cage in the cage. That we cleaned the cage per policy of once a week, so on and so forth.

There was just the slight problem where we had this random fly issue. (ssoooo many flies. O.o) 
Where the guinea pig cages would somehow get all the flies in the store stuck in their cages.
To the point where there were like 15 or so buzzing around.
Which is a lot.

And it's not like flies are easy to get rid of. They tend to fly around and avoid things.
Still, I did my best to get the flies out of the cage and make sure the cage stayed clean. But they're guinea pigs...they make a mess. 
But once winter hit, and the flies vanished....so did the complaints.

However.

Today as I was going about doing tasks.
One of my managers who had just arrived into the store for his shift.
Told me that he'd been stopped by a woman who complained to him about the state of one of our Guinea Pig cages. 
That she said it hadn't been cleaned in five days and that it was messy.

The manager said, he'd take care of it. 
And somewhere in the conversation it was stated that she was coming back and he said he'd see her later with the cage cleaned. 

Which resulted in me having to do a quick bedding change in that cage to get it clean.

Which really, is a quick five minute job.
But bugged me to no end.

Why?
 BECAUSE I HAD CLEANED THAT CAGE YESTERDAY!!!!!
It. HADN'T. Been FIVE days since that cage was cleaned. It was literally YESTERDAY, We were like at 27 hours since the cage had last been cleaned.
SO DON'T TELL ME IT HASN'T BEEN CLEANED IN FIVE DAYS. IT HAS!!!

UGH!!
No, the problem with that cage is that the guinea pig within has taken to spilling his food all over the cage, pulling his food bowl out of it's spot and just basically creating a disaster zone. *rolls eyes* There are some guinea pigs that just like to do that. 
So while it had been cleaned yesterday.
It was a bit.
And when I say a bit. 
I mean like just the tiniest bit messier than the other cages also holding guinea pigs.

Which come on customer!
If you notice that only ONE cage in a series of cages is looking messy, couldn't you put two and two together and assume that that cage had been cleaned as well?? 
Ugh. 

But I just....take personal offense to this customer's complaints about the guinea pig cages.
Because I've literally been the one to clean those cages 90% of the time in the last 5 years I've been working at that store. 
And guess what.
I haven't changed a single thing! It's the same procedure back then as it is now. Nothing has changed.

Ugh.
Honestly. 
I wonder if it's just the color of the bedding within the cage that sets her off.
As I believe when we last dealt with her being unhappy with the cleanliness of the cages it was because we'd been directed to use a colored bedding that was like White and Orange (I think it was Halloween themed at that time?) 
But white bedding....ends up showing messes a lot better than darker colored bedding like browns or greys. 

And we had just switched our color from a darker Purple to a sky blue color. 
And the blue color tends to show the stains as well from the animals. 

Because when the bedding is darker, no complaints from this customer.
But if it's lighter, then the complaints come pouring in.

Which again.
WHY DOESN'T THE CUSTOMER NOTICE THIS?! It's not like we're inconsistent in the cleanliness of the cages. They get changed every week. 
*exhales*

At some point I'll be able to meet this customer face to face and maybe just maybe be able to prove my point and get across that her expectations are crazy. 

>.< Maybe I'll nicely state that we're always accepting applications to the store if she wants to apply. 
Maybe. 

Grrr.
I hope this is the last time I hear from her.
But I doubt it will be.
Unfortunately. 


-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment