Thursday, June 8, 2017

Switched

So a couple of days ago, I was helping a customer out who wanted to adopt a kitten that we had.
Only, she wasn't able to adopt said kitten until after she got off work that evening.
So I said that I would put the kitten on hold for her until a certain time that night. 
And made sure to place an 'on hold' sign in front of the cat's tag so no one else would adopt that particular kitty, as well as left a note to say that the kitten was on hold for this particular customer.

And I left work, thinking that that was that. 
Only, when I came back into work yesterday morning.
I saw that the tag for the kitten was gone...but the kitten that was supposed to have been adopted was still there. 
And a different kitten had been taken. 

O.O 

Which was the most confusing thing ever!
Because the customer had insisted on taking a picture of the kitten that they wanted. So they would know which kitten it was they wanted. 
So why would they take home the wrong kitten then if they had a picture of said kitten? 

I didn't know.
But I did tell my manager about it, because we had adopted out a kitten under the wrong name...which causes problems for the adoption group because they have their kittens microchipped and it's hard to update the chip if it's the wrong kitty....

Well, this morning I came into work.
To find that the grey kitty was gone, and the white kitten had been returned. 

It turns out.
That my manager had called the customer and told them that they'd filled out the wrong paperwork for the kitten they'd taken home.

And the customer was like "I thought I'd taken home the wrong cat, but when I told the girl who was grabbing the kitten she didn't understand what I was trying to say." 

O.o Which...I wonder what was up with my coworker.....

But in any case. The customer came in to switch the paperwork out so that she would have the right adoption information for the kitten she had taken home....only she wanted to hold the original kitten she wanted, and decided that she actually did still want that kitten.

So it was a simple matter of bringing back the kitten she'd taken and switching it for the original one she wanted. Easy peasy and everyone ended up happy. :) yay!!

Glad we were able to get that situation sorted. :) 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment