Monday, June 12, 2017

In the Store

So I got a phone call today at work,
Where the customer was asking me questions about a couple dog training classes we do.
Specifically the potty training class.
As she wanted to know if her puppy needed to have its rabies shot before she signed up for the class.

And I didn't know the answer.
So I put her on hold to ask a manager.
Manager wasn't sure either.

So I went to the training center to look at the papers to see what it said.
And there was a lady standing right there on the phone.
I didn't think anything of it.

Until she asked me if I was the phone she was talking to on the phone with. O.o 

Apparently the customer had decided to call the store...while she was in the store to ask about training instead of finding an associate in the store to ask her question to in person....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment