Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Locks and Chemicals

I taught my manager something new today.
Which is always interesting when it happens.

Because you know with managers....you kinda assume that they know everything.
After all. They're managers! 

In any case.
I had gone up to the manager on duty to ask him a question about cleaning products.
As I was wanting to wash the outside glass of our animal cages to get rid of all the human prints all over them.
But we'd just switched to a new series of cleaning chemicals and I wasn't sure which of the new ones was the one we were now supposed to use for glass. 

The manager couldn't remember off the top of his head, 
So we both went to the back where the supplies were to check it out.
And figured out which one it was. 

But then as we were conversing and such.
the manager was like "Yah, supposedly there's a key to open these up, but I don't know where it is." 
-As we have the series of chemicals hooked up to a gizmo that allows us to dilute the chemicals with water in the proper ratio, but the chemicals are locked up behind some small doors.

And I was like "I do! I know where the keys are." 

Because I'm the type of person to figure stuff out like that, and also the type of person that likes to just get things done myself instead of waiting for someone else to do it.
So I knew where the keys to the doors that held the chemicals were.
Because I needed that key for when the cleaning chemical in our back room needs to be switched out. -As I could do it much faster than telling a manager to do it because they're liable to forget.- 

"Really?! Where?!" 
So I showed the manager where the keys were.
Which was rather amusing because the keys were in a desk in a drawer....that the managers are opening constantly anyways.
So the fact that this manager didn't know that the keys that were right in front of his face practically whenever he opened that drawer...belong to the locks of the chemicals.....was rather amusing because I'm not often in that office. *shakes head* I just had the luck to see where they were at one point lol 

But now my manager knows and he's super happy about that. :) 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment