Thursday, June 15, 2017

Nearly Dried Out

I was near the end of completing my first task of the morning at work.
That of facing the department. -Making sure product was in it's correct location on the shelves and all lined up neatly and such.

When I walked by the endcap holding our bettas, and glanced to the shelf underneath holding some of our small betta tanks we sold...
And saw stuck to the side of one of the boxes of a small tank....was a dried up betta fish. 

Y_Y 
It's not unheard of for the bettas to jump out of their cups. -We have a small hole in the top of the cup where we drop food and occasionally bettas jump out for whatever reason.

So I was rather sad to see that this guy had gone suicidal. 
I grabbed the betta to go throw him away....

Only for the betta to flop in my hand!!!

()_() the fish was STILL ALIVE!!! AHHHH!!!

Cue momentary panic as I quickly grabbed a container to fill it with water and put the fish in it. :S 
-Because I had no idea which cup he'd jumped from and time was of the essence. 

And surprisingly he started swimming around. 
*shakes head*
I did find the cup eventually that he'd jumped out of and put him in his proper home.

But I do have to wonder how long the betta was out of the water....
I mean I had thought he was dead from how shriveled he looked....
Yet he was alive!!
His fins are all clampy ragged now though...so who knows if he's going to survive long term.
But for the moment, I saved his life. ^^ 

Yay. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment