Thursday, November 16, 2017

Carry Out

So the call came over the radio today that a customer needed a flat cart to get a cat tree out to their car.

Which had me going O.o 
Because cat trees, despite being awkwardly shaped...aren't that hard to carry.
I'd think that they would be the same weight, if not less, as a bag of dog food. 

So I was confused as to why there would be a cart needed.
Therefore, I decided to go check out the situation,
Since I wasn't busy with customers at the moment.
To see if I would really need to hunt down our red cart.
(Because that thing can be notoriously difficult to find. It likes to hide.) 
And found an older gentleman and his wife, who were looking to get one of our taller cat trees.

Having carried such cat trees before. I was like. "Oh, you don't need a flat cart. I can just carry that for you."

To which the guy was like. "Well...then I'd feel like a weakling if you did that." 

Which honestly he shouldn't. I kinda figured he just had a bad back. As that's often the reason why people ask for assistance in the store. It's because they either aren't strong enough to lift the thing, or else have a physical injury that prevents them from lifting it.

So I took the cat tree up to the register.
And the customer was like. "...would you be able to carry it out to our car too?" 
To which I happily complied because I don't get to go outside often once I'm at work lol. So being able to see the sun (or the clouds) and just get some fresh air is nice.

So I helped the gentleman and his wife get their cat tree out to their car.
And was like "Have a good day! Drive safe!" and turned to walk away.
I heard him say something,
Glanced back, saw the gentleman rooting around in his car, figured he'd been talking to his wife, and continued walking, only to have the gentleman call out again. 
So I turned, saw him walking towards me. 
I walked back to him, wondering if he needed help with something else.
Until I saw the cash in his hand.
"Here." He said handing it to me.
"That's not necessary sir." I said, with some surprise. 
Because...I don't usually get tips.
Pretty sure we're supposed to decline accepting tips, because we're not working for tips.
But the guy was like "I insist. I feel bad that you carried it out for me." And again handed it to me. 

^^;;;
Guys.
I got tipped.
This is so weird.
lol. But so cool!! Like it's an extra thank you for helping out.
And ahhh.
It's nice. ^^ So nice. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment