Saturday, November 25, 2017

Pinhead

Had a gentlema come into the store today looking to buy a pinhead cricket.
Which is like the tiniest cricket ever. One that can fit on the top of a pin. (hence the name) 
Only often our crickets at emuch larger than that. The 'smalls' tend to be about 3/8s of an inch when they come in, though occasionally we do get in crickets that tiny.
(and they're a nightmare to try and catch) 

So the guy was looking for a tiny cricket.
And I showed him the prebagged ones we already had so he'd have a general iea of the size we usually carry. (which were on the larger size this time around) 
And he was like "is it 14 cents a bag?" 
"No, it's 14 cents per cricket" was my response. 

And apparently...the guy didn't realize that we had a whole bin of crickets that I could grab from.
As he started looking through the bags of crickets I'd already prebagged looking to see if there was a pinhead one within one of them that I could then grab out for him. 
(I think he was feeding a tiny spider.) 

I watched do this for a little bit, as at first I thought he was just looking for a bag of the smaller quantities of crickets.
When I realized he actually just wanted one.
I was like "I do have this entire bin here where I can just grab one cricket out for you.
Which he took with some surprise lol. 
But was grateful he was like "Okay, get me the tiniest one you can see." 
Which surprisingly I did manage to find him a little pinhead cricket.

I caught it.
Put in the bag and bagged it up for him.
And had to double check like three times that the cricket was in there because it was so tiny.

Gave it to him.
And he went on his merry way.

So at least I was able to help him out. :) woot. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment