Monday, November 6, 2017

Come Apart

So we have this door at work,
That opens into our little bird enclosure.
Where we can open up the bird cages within and catch the birds in the little space without worrying about the birds getting loose in the store. (you know...so long as people remember to shut the door. lol) 

In any case.
That door has a lock on it, and that lock is located on a mini door that slids up when you unlock the lock to reveal the handle to the door within so that you can open the door...but customers have no easy access to opening the door to the birds themselves.
(why they didn't just create a door that had the lock on the handle....who knows.) 

In any case.
Recently that particular lock has been giving us problems.
In that the screws that hold the lock together....
keep falling out.

That little round piece...a bolt? a nugget? Like a washer? Whatever that little round piece is called....likes to unwind and get loose...and fall off....if no one is paying attention and making sure that it's still tightly put in place.

But it got a little ridiculous this week.
As I've had to fix that lock twice. 
TWICE.
Because it fell apart.

O.o 
I don't even comprehend how it fell apart!
But it did. 

And last night when I came in to help out with stocking...I discovered that the bird lock had once again...fallen to pieces.

Which considering I had fixed it not TWO DAYS earlier.
Was pathetic.

Like seriously...what did my coworkers do to make it fall so thoroughly apart in the single day that I was gone?
*exhales*

I didn't have time last night to fix the lock.
So I ended up putting it back together again and replacing the lock this morning. 
So that once again our door could be locked. 

*shakes head*
Still...I have to wonder if any of my coworkers even attempted to fix it...or if they just saw it was broken and went. "Oh well." And didn't even try....

Who knows....
At least its fixed again though.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment