Friday, October 16, 2020

Entitled Much?

Gotta love it when customers are self-entitled. 

Had a customer come into the store today not wearing a mask, but nobody noticed him until he was already in line for check out.

And since he was already in line to leave the store, I would have left it alone, but my coworkers kept commenting on it, so I approached him and asked if he needed a mask for the road as we had some up front for him to wear. 

And he pulled a mask out of his pocket....Which like dude....if you had it with you why not put it on? Especially since there are literally signs all over the place in our store -on the doors on the floor on the cages- telling you masks are required. 

And I was like "Cool. Anything else I can help you with?" 

And he was like "Well could you check me out now? I'm kinda in a hurry."

Which...I get being in a hurry. I've been there too...but like there were only TWO people in line in front of this guy. 

The person checking out. Another person. And then him.

Which is what a maybe five minute wait because none of the customers had a ton of items?

And like yes...the line was moving slightly slower because we had a new cashier on the register...but it was literally only one person in front of the dude because the cashier was finishing with the person at the register.

Plus like our policy currently states that we don't need to call a second cashier until there are five or more people in line.

Though I was already pretty certain the customer wouldn't be happy hearing that.

But it wasn't like I could let him cut in line either because that wouldn't be fair to the other customer who was waiting to be checked out.

So I said "I can help the next customer in line because he was here first."

to which the customer was like "That's fine, I'm just in a hurry."

*shakes head*

If you're in a hurry don't go places that will make you wait?? or with unknown wait times? *exhales*

In any case I helped the other customer in line and the dude was able to go up to the other register and get checked out.

But yah...like...dude...it was only two other people. Not that long of a wait.

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment