Monday, October 26, 2020

Stay.

I never quite understand the people who walk away.

Like when I'm trying to help a customer and I tell them to "stay here, I'll be right back." only to find them gone when I return to where I left the customer and I end up having to hunt all over the store for them to either find them somewhere else or that they left the store in the two minutes I left them to wait for.

*exhales* It's irritating. Like I can get being bored and not wanting to stay in one spot.

But it does make it difficult for the worker to find you if they can't find you where they left you.

It makes even less sense to press a button requesting assistance...and then walk away from the button.

Which is what happened today. As I had a customer press the button on our cricket podium requesting help.

But the ten seconds it took me to get from behind the fish wall to in front of the fish wall to help the customer...they'd completely vanished. No one was in sight.

No, I ended up finding the customer five aisles away looking at water bottles meant for rabbits and guinea pigs and other small pets.

And like...he needed crickets as well.

But he didn't stay by the podium to get those crickets.

And he's lucky that I went hunting for him, otherwise the dude may have never gotten his crickets...because it's not like we know exactly who pressed the button until we get over to the podium to see who was standing there.

I could see the guy probably thinking that it would take a couple of minutes for somebody to get over to him and he probably remembered that he needed to get a water bottle and thought he could grab the water bottle and then come back to the podium before anyone got to him....

I could see that happening.

But still. If you press a button....it's a good idea to stay by the button.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment