Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Adopt?

I ended up playing trainee to my sister store today.

Which is so weird because like...it's my sister store...I shouldn't need to be training anyone over there as I don't work over there.

But one of my coworkers transferred over to that store, and found themselves alone in their department, confronted with a situation they never had to deal with directly when they were at my store...at least I don't think they did.

It's hard to know who knows what with all the crazy of the pandemic.

As my coworker was calling me in relation to the adoptions.

Which due to the pandemic, we've only recently begun doing cat adoptions again and haven't yet started dog adoption events in my location. So it's been since like...March? 

And my coworker called asking if it was alright to put a dog in one of the cat kennels as apparently the adoption group had brought one in?

Uh...no. The adoption center is for cats only. To my knowledge none of our locations keep dogs up for adoption on the premises because we don't have room for them nor the man power to care for them as they'd need to be walked and taken outside and such.

At the same time I don't know how the other stores work. We each do our adoptions slightly different so it could be that the sister store does allow dogs...but since it was like the first occurrence that I'm aware off...I think there was probably a miscommunication there.

In any case, my old coworker later called again...well like three more times? Just asking for clarification on the adoption process. Because even though we've started adoptions up again...it's the adoption group in my location that needs to handle all adoptions instead of us doing them. So this coworker probably never needed to learn the adoption process as we haven't had it for most of the year....

Especially considering that they weren't sure exactly what forms needed to be filled out...I ended up needing to walk them through the process. 

*exhales* Hopefully it all got done right and correctly....guess we'll see.

But hopefully the experience gives my old coworker more confidence to handle future adoptions without needing to call for my aid. 

-Sarnic Dirchi


No comments:

Post a Comment