Thursday, October 15, 2020

The More The Merrier

Had a customer come into the store today who I recognized because their voice has a slight lilt to it that is distinctive enough to remember.

I also knew that this customer was the sort to ask more questions and to drag on things from indecisiveness.

Which proved to be the case today.

Though honestly, I wasn't expecting them to buy any pets...as I knew they already had one or two....for some reason I pictured them having some leopard geckos though since I found the customer and their kids near the fish wall...they could have ended up with fish too....who knows.

All I knew is that I knew the customer.

And apparently....they decided that they wanted to get a bearded dragon.

But not A bearded dragon. No they wanted two bearded dragons. So two of the kids could each have one.

Which I'm guessing one or two of the other kids had the leopard geckos? Not sure.

In any case, I proceeded to warn the customer that if they got two there would be a chance in the future that they would need to buy a second cage because if they ended up with two male bearded dragons then they would need to separate them out to prevent fighting from happening.

After a bit of dithering on the size of cage to get while they were waiting for sales...

The customer again confirmed that they wanted two bearded dragons.

Only...the kids ended up picking 2 bearded dragons that weren't their 'original' choices according to the customer.

Leaving one of the original 2 picks still in the cage.

And the parent didn't like that....

And so decided that instead of getting 2....they would get 3 bearded dragons so that they would have one as well.

Which again, I warned that if they had ended up picking 3 males -as they're too small/young to tell right now their gender- they would have to look into getting 3 separate cages to house them all.

The customer brushed off the concern, basically stating they'd cross that bridge when they got to it.

Which....honestly I do wonder if they'll end up keeping all 3.

As apparently no one had told the spouse about this venture....and customer and kids decided it would be a good idea to drop by the spouse's work after they left the store to show them the 3 new family pets....

:S I can't imagine how that will go over.

*shakes head*

Guess we'll see if they end up keeping all 3 or not.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment