Monday, May 4, 2015

MLAARE -Goldfish In A Bucket

I automatically have a dislike of people who come into the store just as it opens and have need of me ASAP. Seriously....who wakes up in the morning with the urge to come buy fish? I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Who does that?

In any case, I had one such situation again, where I was called to the front. Why?
Because there were these two woman there with a bucket in hand.

What was in the bucket?
Oh, like 300 Goldfish.

Why?

Because apparently last night they came to buy said goldfish, and were told that it would be alright to keep them in a 5 Gallon Bucket overnight.

They were coming in today.
Because guess what?
A bunch of them had died.
>.<

WELL DUH!! You can't keep THREE HUNDRED FISH in a FIVE gallon bucket and EXPECT THEM TO MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT!
Not when there was no oxygen circulation. That water would grow toxic sooo quickly.
>.< Ugh. People.

In any case, they were coming in to try and return all the dead fish.
Dead fish, btw, that were still in the bucket.
With the live fish.

Also not good.
Dead fish = rotting fish = more toxic water. >.<

Unfortunately for them.
We don't have a return policy on our Feeder Goldfish.
That's why they're feeders. They're meant to be fed.

But they still needed a bunch of Goldfish for whatever thing they were doing.

But first.
They asked if I could fish out all the dead fish first.

>.< FISH THEM OUT YOURSELF!
Geez. How lazy could the people be? They killed their fish and wanted me to fish them out for them? That's what a net is for. *shakes head*
But I did it anyway.
I spent like 10 or 15 minutes fishing out near 100 fish it seemed like from the swirling mass of live ones in the bucket.
Why? Because even if I couldn't return their dead fish, I could work to make the experience as good of one as I could for them.

So I fished out all the dead fish.
And for added measure, did a quick water change on the fish remaining in the bucket. That way they would have cleaner water than what they were forced to be in all night. So at least their continued survival would be a little better....

And then...*sighs* I got them more fish. >.< Boo.
With strict instructions on how to keep the fish in better condition of course.
I mean my goal is ensure the fish live as long as possible.

Still though.
I can't believe they thought that living in a 5 gallon bucket for 12 plus hours would be alright for so many goldfish. They need more room than that. Flowing water certainly would have helped. *sighs* Guess I'll be talking to the Greenies about that too......

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment