Wednesday, May 27, 2015

MLAARE -Baby Bird Trouble

A woman called the store today.
An older one, possibly grandma aged by the waver in her voice.

What was her problem?

She'd found a baby bird on the ground.
And wanted to know what to do to take care of it.

I told her it would be best to put the baby bird back in the nest.

And she was like "I can't do that! The mother bird won't take care of it cus it fell out, and if humans touch it to bring it back she won't take care of it."

I didn't quite believe that was true. Cus I remembered hearing that people could put the birds back just fine.
But I also didn't think the woman on the phone -by her voice- was capable of climbing a tree to put the bird back.

So I gave her some suggestions on types of food the bird could eat.
Which she didn't seem to like.
She kept asking to talk to the 'bird person'
Which....I am the bird person. >.< There are no 'experts'

So I went to go consult with my 'bird expert' aka my other coworker.
Who knew nothing about birds.
But they were talking to a customer, who said that when they'd found a baby bird they were told to leave it alone.

So, that's what I told the customer on the phone.
She didn't like that advice. She'd never heard of a mother bird coming back to rescue a baby bird on the ground. How was she supposed to pick it up. Yadda yadda.

Again I went back to the suggestions of what the bird could eat. Insects, seeds, fruits...
And went in a circular conversation with this woman.
About what the bird would eat.
I asked what type of bird it was, asked her to describe the mother....

Such a circular conversation.
I was ready to bang my head against the wall.

Because I have no idea why the woman called in the first place really.
She knew how to take care of the baby bird, knew what it ate because she watched the mother feed the birds. Honestly, she could put two and two together and take care of it that way.

*shakes head*
Sometimes I don't know why people call.....
they know the answers well enough themselves.
Talking to an expert won't change anything if you don't listen to what they say in the first place.....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment