Tuesday, May 5, 2015

MRS -Contract Fine Print

So I found out an interesting tidbit about the place I live at, about my one Roommate who moved out after only living here for like 3 weeks. (because she got engaged.)

Apparently...she basically walked out on her contract.
I mean, my apt has a Marriage Contract where if you get married, you can leave the apartment without being charged.

BUT
Something hadn't gone through right.
Because after rent was due...
We got a notice on our door that this roomie was getting 'evicted' for not paying rent.
Considering she'd already left...
I knew something was wrong. That there'd been some miscommunication.
So I tried to contact my roomie, to no response.
And so later after the second notice, I called the office to inform them of the situation. That said roomie no longer lived here, that I'd heard she'd talked to them already about the situation...

And experienced the 'fun' ness of having random people coming to check out the apartment/her room -apparently she hadn't moved out properly either....
Multiple times, as apparently there isn't much communication between everyone *shakes head*

But, I found out an interesting 'clause' in this marriage contract.

Apparently, you can only get out of the lease via getting married.
IF
You have lived in the apartment longer than 6 months.

My roomie....had only been there 3 weeks.

I have no idea how the issue's been resolved...
Or when/if I will be getting a new roommate.
But it makes sense why I haven't gotten one before now.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment