Friday, July 3, 2015

MLAARE -The Escape

It was time, to clean out the Aquatic Turtle cage.
Which is quite the process when it involves taking all the water out of the cage.
But it had to be done.
Because the turtles had taken their food, and spread it all over the place.
Giving the water a rather disgusting look.

So I slowly scooped out the water.
Watching the turtles run about on dry land. (which was rather entertaining.)
And after a quick wipe down,
Left to go get fresh water to put back in the tank.
I wasn't gone long.
So I felt confident in leaving the glass doors to the cage open.
After all there was a ledge.
I doubted the turtles could climb out.

But when I returned
and put decorations back into the tank.
I realized....
That there was one turtle missing.
The smallest one. The African Sideneck.
It confused me.
Because I couldn't see how the Turtle could disappear.
So I looked more, as the turtle can blend in well in the tank.

But just as I was sitting back.
A stocker called out to me.
"One of your turtles escaped."
I looked up to him.
"Where?"
And he said  "It crawled under the isle over there."

So across the store I dashed to the isles there.
Wondering, how did he get over there so quickly!
Still, I fished the turtle out from his hiding place and returned him to his cage where he'd be much happier swimming in water than crawling around on a cold floor.

At least we found the turtle before it completely vanished.
Though it would have been more helpful.
If the stocker had picked up the turtle, and brought it to me, instead of standing there watching it attempt to make its escape.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment