Friday, July 31, 2015

MLAARE -Too Helpful

Sometimes....I wonder if I'm too helpful.
The need to please....getting in the way of things. 

Today...I think it was so.

We've been looking for people to hire....
And I had a friend from my hometown apply to get a job here. 
For when they move down here to go to school. 

I'd put my managers on notice that they might be applying.
And they told me today that my friend had.
Yay!!

And then I think I stuck my foot in my mouth.

Why?
Because they were going to call my friend today to set up an interview...for today if possible.
And I mentioned that it might be difficult for my friend to come down as they're still up in HomeTown. 

They were like. O.o Then why did your friend apply?!
And I told them.
That my friend was looking for a job for when they came down for school next month.
But they wouldn't be moving down for like three more weeks.
Because they can't get into their apartment before that point. 

And they were like "Oh...well we can't call them in for an interview yet, that's too far out." 
O.o 

Honestly...I think my friend would have been willing to come down for the interview and if they liked them, the hiring process and training. Make the commute if it meant they got the job. 

But now....my friend has been relegated to the 'waiting pile' 
To see if they still may need them in three weeks. 

*bangs head on desk.*
Ugh!
UUUGGGHHH!
I just had to go and open my mouth!
my friend could have had an interview today!
They could be hired today if it went well!!

and I had to open my mouth and tell them that they weren't available for another month! 

How was I supposed to know that that would be a problem? 
I honestly didn't see it as a problem. I mean. Drive down a couple of times for the interview(s) and Training and such and then don't schedule them until they move down.
It seems so simple.

But the managers apparently disagreed.

Uggggh!! 
I really hope that I didn't just ruin this opportunity for my friend.
I really hope so. 

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
And I'll be sitting here feeling guilty in the meantime..... 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment