Monday, July 6, 2015

MLAARE -While I'm Helping

Its part of the job.
To help people.
One of the definitions of retail service is that....you help customers get what they want and make them happy right?
 
Well.
That's what I was doing.
My job.
 
I had an older customer come up to me,
Asking where the cat collars were.
So I showed him.
He picked them out.
Then said he needed to engrave a couple of tags.
 
So I told him where and how to get the engraving done.
But he'd forgotten his glasses that let him see the smaller prints.
 
And so, I told him I could help him.
Which I did.
Making sure that I typed in the right information onto the screen. Placed the tag in the right slot. Waited with him to make sure that the engraving happened as they'd been shown on the screen.
 
Seriously, nothing out of the ordinary.
 
But, at the end.
The guy pulled out his wallet.
I thought to put the tags in there.
Yet instead.
He fished out a couple dollar bills. And gave them to me. As a tip.
 
O.O
I got a tip.
So weird.
I tried to give it back, because I'm not supposed to accept tips. (I think...been a while since I read the rule book.) But in any case, Tips aren't required at the place I work at.
Yet here I was. With money in hand.
The guy refusing to take it back.
 
Soo
I got a tip. ^^
Awww. Definitely a feel good moment of the day. :D
I like it when people feel like I've done a great job. Usually giving me a compliment is enough, but I did like the variety of this. ^^ I doubt it will happen again any time soon though.
Which is perfectly alright with me. :)
 
-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment