Friday, November 25, 2016

A New Passion

In our store we have tanks with stands set up for customers to see and buy.
-Just the tanks and stands with lights, no fish or water or anything.

A year or so ago, we were told to set up the lights, and then later that we should decorate the tanks with ornaments inside so that customers could see potential possibilities of how they could decorate their own tanks once they got it home.

I actually find it quite fun to decorate those tanks as it allows me to play with potential ideas for my own tank. :)

So it's unsurprising that when I planned to get the 125 gallon tank, that when we had the opportunity to decorate it, I took advantage and tried a few different decorating ideas. And left one of the set ups within the tank since it needed to be decorated anyways.

In any case.
Today, Black Friday, I had an older gentleman come into the store.
One who'd just moved into a new house, and had gotten permission from his wife to fulfill his childhood dream of getting a fish tank again. He could even get a large fish tank so long as it fit on the wall. lol.
But since he hasn't had a fishtank himself since he was a child, he wanted to make sure he wasn't getting in over his head. So I spent the next couple of hours off and on talking to the gentleman about the different tank sizes, and filters and basically everything about the tank. lol. He decided to go a head and get the 125 gallon tank, since I'd just gotten one as well and he trusted that I would know what I was doing. heh.
It was surprising though, that he and his wife decided to go ahead and buy all the decorations within the tank that I'd placed there. ()_() They had a couple of adjustments, switched out a couple of ornaments, but basically bought everything I'd placed in there. lol. Which was totally surprising, but some customers do it.
However, now I'm in a hard spot as....It would feel weird to buy those decorations as well for my own large fish tank. Heh. Sooo I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. Which is fine, I was still playing with other ideas for decorations for my own tank.

I'm just glad that I was able to help the customer out.
I hope it works well for him. ^^

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment