Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Picture Perfect

It's not uncommon to encounter customers taking pictures of the animals we have in the store.
Often it's kids doing school projects and the like.
But occasionally I encounter adults also taking pictures of the animals within the store.

Today was one of those days.
I was walking by our reptile section when I noticed a gentleman with his camera basically pressed against the glass of the cage, taking pictures of our bearded dragons.
Knowing that the reflection of the glass could cause havoc with actually having a good picture, I paused in my task and offered to open up that cage for him so he could get a better close up view.
To which he refused, because he wanted the bearded dragons in their 'natural' environment.
...Okay.

So, I asked him if I could show him any of the other animals.
-As most of them tend to hide during the day because they're stubborn like that.

To which after some coaxing.
He said he wanted to get a picture of our Milksnake.
Ha.
Ha.

I tried. That's what I can say.
Milksnake is pretty difficult to get to hold still. They're quick little buggers and when you disturb them they go crazy.
So to compensate for my failure with the milksnake, I offered to show him the Ball Pythons as they don't move as quickly -but can still be stubborn when they don't want their picture taken- and the gentleman proceeded to take pictures to his heart's content before thanking me and leaving.

Only to return later in the day, apologetically, asking if he could take more pictures of some different snakes as the ones he took before ended up out of focus. (hate it when that happens.)
He'd again caught me at a slow moment in the store where there weren't really customers to help and I was looking for a distraction.
So I willingly helped him out by spending ten or so minutes moving snakes around to try and get them have their heads visible to the camera and still be in their 'natural' environment.

lol Hopefully he succeeded this time around. :) I'm guessing he did since I didn't see him again, but that doesn't mean he didn't return again after my shift was over....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment