Monday, November 14, 2016

WHAM

I suppose, working in a Pet Store comes with it's hazards.

Though most of the time those hazards involve being bitten, getting wet, or stepping in something smelly...
Yah, I suppose there is no suppose in having hazards at a pet store. lol.

Today's hazard was one of those..."Well...that was smooth." moments.

In that I encountered a woman customer.
An older lady who was pushing a cart around looking for a way to clean it.
Why?
Because apparently the customer using the cart before her had had a dog in said cart....and dog had left a little bit of a mess in the cart.
O.o Honestly, first time I've encountered dog poo in the cart.
Usually it's on the floor because some people can't pick up after their dogs. *shakes head*

In any case.
Being the super helpful customer I am.
I dash to the nearest station that holds papertowels and the like for when doggie accidents happen.
And proceeded to clean the mess.

However...
In my hurry to help.
I misjudged the distance between the shelves and me.
-As sometimes my shoulders decide to be wider then my mind thinks they are.
And wouldn't you know it.
I nicely whacked my shoulder right into the corner of one of the shelves.
WHAM.

Talk about OW.

Like painful needle into the shoulder for a shot OW.
It definitely set an ache through me.
One that hasn't quite left just yet.
Just like those annoying needle shots you have to get on occasion.

I even whacked myself hard enough to leave a nice mark behind.
Just red for now.
But we'll see if this one actually bruises up or not.

I suppose this should be a lesson in either "be more observant." "be less fast" or "look out!"

Maybe it's a combination of all three....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment