Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Overflowing

Uh.
Holiday Season.
It's one of the more crazy times of the year.
Mostly because it means more products, more customers, more animals.

It becomes a balancing act.
To make sure everything runs smoothly.

Especially in regards with the animals.

As with the holidays...people want to get animals as gifts.
Which means we get in more animals into the store to keep up with the demand.

And right now.

Our supply of guinea pigs is far exceeding the demand for them.
And every week they keep sending me more.

And more.
And more.

And this increase in guinea pigs coincided, unfortunately, with us not selling guinea pigs.
For the last month, we've hardly been selling any of them.
Maybe one or two a week.
When before we'd been selling at least six, if not up to twelve.

So it's a sharp decline.
A very sharp decline.

Which is bad.
Because every week, I've been getting in more guinea pigs.
At least six.
Because before we were selling at least six.
And usually the supplier replenishes what we sell.

Our suppliers apparently didn't get the memo that we're not selling.
As currently in my store, I have 30 guinea pigs. THIRTY.
Usually I only have around 12.
So yah, I currently have more than double what I usually have.
And guess what.
I'm supposed to get in 9 more this week.
Yah.
NINE More guinea pigs.

Bringing the total to basically 40.

Seriously.
I'm swimming in guinea pigs here at work.
And it's not fun.
You know how difficult it is to find places to keep 40 guinea pigs?

Thankfully, we are prepared for such situations.
And thankfully this only really happens around the holidays.
But if I don't sell any guinea pigs this week....
And they decide to send me more next week....
*rubs eyes*

I really hope they don't send me more next week.
Or if they do, that I sell enough this week to be able to have room for the more if they show up.

Ugh.
Holidays.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment