Saturday, November 12, 2016

Filter Problems

I got a phone call this morning.
From a customer that I had helped earlier in the week with getting a fish tank.
They were calling because the filter had stopped working. O.o

...Not something that usually happens so quickly but it does happen on occasion.

The problem was...he didn't have the receipt...
Which meant I would have to look it up when he brought it in.

Now, in most cases, we can exchange out a filter for a similar one because we carry filters that size....
Only he'd bought one of our new tanks, that's only like a gallon.
And we don't carry filters that small....

So after double checking with a manager.
It was determined that the customer would bring in the filter, and then we'd grab a working filter from another tank set -the same that he'd bought earlier- and switch it out, so he would get the filter that works and we'd just discount the tank that no longer had a working filter.

I told the customer to come in before I left.

And wouldn't you know it.
They showed up half an hour before I left....
Only it wasn't the customer.
It was his dad.

The Dad had the filter.
But no receipt, no credit card,
No way to look up what tank it was that they'd bought.
Because at this point I didn't quite know who the person was....as I do help a lot of people.

So it resulted in me having the Dad call the customer so I could get the information I needed to look up the tank.
Which took a bit.
But I found it!
Only...when I went to the shelf to grab the filter from one of the tanks there....
We didn't have any more.
That spot was empty.
>.<
Ugh.

Thankfully, the tank set he got was part of a series, and they all basically have the same filter.
So I just grabbed a different tank that was of similar price and pulled the filter from that.
To give to the customer.

All in all....the process took the remaining time of my shift.
Which was great as time went by quickly, and the customer left happy.

Hopefully that filter doesn't break either....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment