Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Counting

I'm good with numbers.
I suppose.
I suppose it's not normal for people to remember how many of each animal there is in the store.
Nor is it normal to remember details of when certain events happened in the past....

*shakes head*

So, during the week, we have to count all the animals in the store at work.
A duty usually handled by the manager.
But for basically nearly a year I'd taken on the duty myself since the manager had been unavailable to do so at the time.
To which I got in the habit of numbers and such I guess.

I just remember small details like that.
Ask me how many guinea pigs we have and I can tell you how many are in the different areas of the store.
Ask me when an animal got injured and I can tell you.

Due to the counts, I tend to be more aware of numbers.
It's easier with reptiles and small pets.
Not so much with the birds. (probably because I don't like birds as much as the other animals)

In any case.
My manager commented on that this morning while he was counting.
As the past couple of weeks I'd had counting day off.
So he'd been working with another coworker of mine. lol.

Who was in charge of the cage cleaning that day.

It was only natural to assume that since my coworkers had cleaned the cages.
They would know how many animals were in the cage.
But when my manager asked....
My coworker didn't know.
O.o
You'd just cleaned the cage like 15 minutes ago and didn't remember how many animals were in it?

Yah....
Apparently.

It makes me wonder what goes on in my coworker's heads.
When they don't notice details like that....

But it solidified my manager's gratitude for me though. haha.
Since today he could be like "How many of these?" and I could point to the cage and tell him how many were in each making his job go a bit faster. :)

Yay for memory. :)

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment