Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Dead or Dying?

We're experiencing one of those die offs at work currently.
Where something strikes our Feeder Goldfish and they just start dropping like flies, so it's like a never ending task to pull dead fish from their tanks. 

So I was once again, doing another dead fish pull from the Feeders.
When I got temporarily pulled away by a customer. I hadn't thought it would be that long, and since there were no other customers, I left the bag of dead fish by the last tank I'd been fishing dead out of so I would have an easier time remembering where I left off. 

However, the customer ended up having more questions than I had anticipated, so while we were talking more customers showed up.

And with these customers were a bunch of kids. 
Who doing what Kids do best....promptly noticed the bag of dead fish.

Only they ended up freaking out about it.
Since I was talking to a customer I didn't quite tune into how it started.
But when I finally looked over to see what the commotion was about, there was a girl of like 10 years old or so holding the bag of dead fish and looking into it, with other younger kids surrounding her. 

Why?
Because they were worried that those fish were dying and the girl was coming to me to have me save them basically. 

However....the fish were already dead.
So I was like "Put that back. They're dead." 
So the child went and plopped them back on the floor. 

*shakes head*

Why do children only ever notice the dead fish? Really it's the weirdest thing.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment