Thursday, July 20, 2017

Pulled Open

Our doors were shut when the customer pulled them open and walked in.
I thought she was there for grooming originally, until I saw that she was carrying a baby carrier and not a dog carrier like I'd first thought. Until I saw her grabbing a cart. 
Which was an issue.
Because we weren't open yet.
That's why the doors were shut and not automatically opening.
Because over the past month we've had people coming into the store an hour before we open because we've had the doors automatically opening for grooming customers who can come in to drop off their dogs up to two hours before the main store opens.
So we've taken to keeping the doors shut and occasionally locked to prevent normal customers from coming into the store. 

This woman had apparently ignored that fact.
So to double check I intercepted her and asked. "Are you here for grooming or the vet?" 
To which she responded "No?"
"I'm sorry, but the main store isn't open yet."
"Oh...But I saw people inside (the grooming salon has windows customers can see in to) and figured you were open." 
"Grooming is open yes, but the main store is not." I repeated and sent the woman back on her way. 
*shakes head* 
Honestly....just because there are people inside doesn't mean we're open.
I mean we have people in to stock and clean and such before customers come in. 

Really....some people need to learn to look at the hours posted on our doors....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment