Saturday, July 1, 2017

Many Many Many Fish

We were rather low on our feeder goldfish. 
Which wasn't on purpose. 
*exhales* We just ended up with a bad batch of them this time around.
So most of them ended up dying off over the past week or so.
Due to who knows what for sure. 
I did everything I could think of to help them out. *shakes head* 
In any case. 

We were low on feeders.
When this gentleman and his grandson came into the store.
And wanted to know how many of my small goldfish we had.
I glanced at the tank and said "Oh around 200" 

He said. "Give me 150 of those then, and then 100 of your Large" 

()_() 
I mean, I'm used to fishing out big numbers of goldfish.
People buy a ton of them to fill their ponds all the time.
But I really dislike fishing out that many fish when our tanks are more on the empty side because I can't catch as many fish at one time which means catching 150 goldfish takes a bit of time.

Luckily the Large goldfish tanks were basically full so it was a cinch to catch 100 of those.
But the 150 took For-ev-er to catch. 


And it turns out I only had like 136 small goldfish. Y_Y Foo.
So I ended up fishing out the other 14 from the xsmall tanks since they're basically the same size and the same price as the small goldfish. 

Unfortunately. 
As I was midway through catching the gentleman's fish, a woman came up also needing help with fish.
Specifically Goldfish.
She wanted a hundred of them as well.
And I definitely did not have 100 more small goldfish since I was now pulling from the x-smalls.
I would be lucky if I had 50 xsmall goldfish when I was done grabbing the rest of the gentleman's fish.

So she was like "Just give me what's left." 
and what was left was like 38 small goldfish. That my coworker fished out for her, because I was still working on the first gentleman's order of fish.
And she proceeded to get 50 of the large goldfish as well.

But it was just kinda interesting that two people who needed a lot of fish both came at the same time.
Like if the woman had been earlier than the guy then she would have gotten all the fish she wanted and he would have had to settle.

*exhales*
Hopefully I get more fish in early next week.
Because come Monday, I expect to walk into work and see the feeder goldfish tanks completely empty.

-Sarnic Dirchi 

No comments:

Post a Comment