Monday, July 24, 2017

Do Not Enter Here

So there I was in the back room behind the fish wall, doing dishes as I was in the middle of cleaning out cages, when I look up to see a customer standing a few yards away by the door...inside the room.
The room clearly marked "Employees Only." 
The door where this customer shouldn't have entered, and should not be approaching me in. 

So I quickly go to meet her.
To a) get her out of the employees only section and b) figure out why in the world there was a customer trying to get my help an HOUR before the store opened. >.< Ugh. 
Why couldn't they have flagged down a groomer or one of the stockers who were actually on the floor and not behind "Employees only doors." What provoked the woman to go searching behind these doors in the first place? Who knows.

But she was there to 'make a return'
Which I was like "we don't open for another hour."
"well, we called and they said to come in at this time." 


What crazy person told you that you could come in at this time?? >.< If they were for grooming it would make sense. 

Turns out it was.
The customers had come in to get their money back on a groom that had been done on their dog because the groomer had for whatever reason (I didn't find out) shaved the dog waaaay to close to the skin on one of it's legs. And apparently it had made it red and slightly swollen. 

But the customers had refused to bring the dog back to the groomers with them this morning so the groomers could see if they could 'fix' the problem, nor did they bring the dog in so that we could have our vet check out the dog to make sure there was no lasting injury.

No....they just wanted their money back.
which I couldn't do because it's a slightly more complicated process to return a grooming thing than a regular purchase. So I had to get the manager involved and it took 15 of my precious 'before the store opens' time away from the tasks I needed to get done.

Thankfully I was able to break away from them and return to my task, so idk what ended up being resolved, but I'm guessing they got their money back in the end.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment