Thursday, July 6, 2017

Eye Problems

There I was. Minding my own business as I was working on getting all the perches and bowls out of the bird cages so they could be cleaned today.
When one of the birds, or maybe more than one of the parakeets took off into flight. 
I felt something hit my eye. 
Blinked.
and kinda felt like there was something still on the edge of my lashes even though I couldn't feel anything nor see it. 

So I ignored it, doing other things,
Until our small animal delivery guy came to deliver our weekly shipment of animals.
And while he was situating himself, I blinked.

And suddenly I was in agony.
As something got into my eye.
But I had no idea what! 
Yet it was there. It was painful.
And I couldn't just dash away to get it out because the guy was there and needed to get the animals into the store.
So blinking as much as I could to get it out, failing, then trying to not blink as I acted as normally as possible to the delivery guy, I waited until he left before I dashed to the bathroom to check out my eye in the mirror.
And could see nothing.
Like my eye was red from being irritated but I couldn't see anything. There was no eyelash or anything visible that was irritating me.
So I pulled out my contact lens, wondering if something had somehow got underneath it. 
But when I put it back in the irritation was still there -with the lens in or out- 
So I set myself to just working to ignore this irritation. Hoping that my eyes would forget it or flush it out on it's own. 

So I suffered for a bit, before I went on break.
And while on break I looked in the mirror again.
Happened to pull down the bottom lid of my eyelid a bit just to see if I could see anything.
And discovered the shell of a birdseed hiding underneath that bottom lid!!
No wonder my eye was irritated!! Gah!

And the stubborn seed piece Would. Not. Come. Out!

Because I guess the moisture in my eyes was helping to hold it in place or something.
As it took me a couple of minutes to finally get it out of my eye.

and Oh, what sweet relief to have that irritation finally gone. 
Such a relief. 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment