Saturday, March 10, 2018

All Together Now

It's always disconcerting whenever I suddenly have an influx of people hit my department all at once. 

Like the store could be completely dead. I'm helping maybe one or two people in my department.

And then it feels like in the blink of an eye....
A mob appears.

Suddenly there are six people waiting at the fish wall for help, two at the reptiles, one at the small pets, and another eight at adoptions. 
All needing my help all at once.
And on the way to meet the customers waiting, I'm stopped by other people, asking where the bathrooms are, where a brand of food is, if I know anything about dog training.

Some people try to interrupt me and ask me while I'm in the middle of finishing up with another customer....

And I'm like....the only one in the department.

It's a mad house. 
It's crazy. 

And it happened today.

I had a sudden influx of people ---mostly because I got stuck with a chatty Kathy that liked playing Yo-Yo with me where I'd try to break away and she'd call me back with a question....and the cycle would repeat. 

But I had like a guy asking about salt water fish, another wanting to purchase neons, someone wanting crickets, and another person come up to me asking for help with the birds all at the same time. They basically came from all directions. 
and wow. *shakes head*
It was crazy.
To the point where I was trying to multi-task helping customers. 
Answer questions of one while I was catching and bagging fish for another.

And then as quickly as the rush appeared....
It vanished.
And I was left with no one in the department....
Wondering what ha just happened. 

*shakes head* 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment