Thursday, March 1, 2018

Short Tasking

I don't like shifts that have me working past 3pm. 
Because most of the time....if I work a shift after that point in time.
Then I spend forever too long being bored at work if there's no customers in the store to delay me.

Today was one of those days of boredom.
Because I was scheduled to come into work half an hour before we opened. 
Which meant I got to stay at work until dinner time. XP Nothing like spending your entire day inside a building. *exhales*
In any case.
I knew it would be a quick morning with opening because Thursdays tasks aren't the most difficult. 
But I hadn't realized how quickly it would go.
Because I didn't know that my greenie coworker was opening this morning.
And I didn't know that she's rather...quick with opening tasks. 
*exhales*
Which means when I came into the store, she was already nearly done with the bedding change of the day.
And that was like...what I had been planning to do.

I mean...I had to give her a few pointers and correct her on parts of the cleaning procedure she'd missed as it was her first time.

But still. 
It meant that not even halfway through my 8hr shift....
I'd run out of things to do.
Because she'd already done most of them in the 2 hours she was there before I arrived. 

Gah. >.<
I hate not having things to do.
It makes time go by so much slower. Especially because due to the crazy weather outside...there were hardly any customers in the store.
So I was left basically wandering in circles, looking for things to keep me occupied for hours and hours only to find relief in helping customers in like the last half hour of my shift. *shakes head*
Why do they always come when I'm almost off?
No idea.

In any case.
I admire my coworker for her gumption to get things done quickly. 
As it's great that she wants to get things done and doesn't wait to be told to do things in order to do things.
But still....I kinda like to be able to have things to do while I'm at work. ^^;;

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment