Thursday, March 29, 2018

Cat?

It's never fun to see "Unknown Number" show up on the caller ID at work. 
Mostly because 9/10 times this means that we're about to deal with a Prank caller.
But like it's not ALWAYS the case, so you can't just answer the phone with the expectation that it's a prank caller because it could be a legitimate customer.

In any case.
I had that "Private Unknown Number" call the store today.
Which I had the benefit of answering. 
*exhales*
It's halfway funny because I was just talking to my greenie coworker earlier on if they'd answered any prank phone calls yet. Which they hadn't. Lucky them.

So I suppose it was only karma that I had a prank caller call after my greenie had left for the day.

This time though it wasn't your typical "Hi, I think my fish might have drowned" or "Do you sell monkeys?" type of prank calls. 

This time the caller was like "I got your email! You guys have found my cat Whiskas and I'm soo excited to get him back can I get him?" 

And I decided to take it the more serious route....mostly because this could have been legitimate. Though I could tell after like two minutes of talking to the guy that it was a prank caller. 

Because I was like "I'm sorry we don't email people about their missing cats." etc etc.
And the dude wasn't having it like "I just want my cat back. Give me my cat!" and like....i couldn't do that because a) I didn't have the cat and b) it wasn't like I had had proof of purchase or ownership or anything from them.
But like the dude wasn't taking the 'no' as an answer.
Keeping the sharade going until he was like "Oh hey look here's my cat! Nice kitty!" 
*shakes head* 
I ended up hanging up on them.
But like....why?
Why prank call the pet store?
I don't get it? What's the thrill with it? *shakes head* 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment