Thursday, March 15, 2018

Ring Ring

I'd been the one mainly answering the phone at work throughout the day.
Mostly because everyone else was busy prepping for our yearly Inventory Count.
Meaning, they were distracted.

Which for the most part wasn't bad.
Because it gave me something to do as me and my opener got the department opened by like...10am it felt like and I still had like half of my shift to work.
So the phone calls did help break up the monotony of trying to find something to do that hadn't already been done as the store was basically dead today customer wise. 

But by the end of my shift, I was growing tired of answering the phone.

And finally there came a moment where I was busy helping a customer with fish tank questions. 
-He had questions about salt water tanks but like...I had no experience with salt water though I did manage to distract the customer with fresh water stuff and showing him my tank lol. (cus i show pictures of my tank off like a proud parent of their child.) 

And the phone was ringing. 
And I was like. Okay someone else can get that call because I'm busy helping a customer.

Which thankfully another person did pick up....
Only for them to tell me over the radio like two seconds later that there was a call on hold for me about....fish tanks. 
*exhales*

So I finished up with the one customer, and picked up the phone to answer the other customer.
At least they didn't have exactly the same question.
As that would have been crazy if it were the case lol. 

Still. Kinda frustrating that the ONE time I don't answer the phone is the ONE time its actually for me. *shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment