Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Type of Lizard?

A customer called the store today.
To say that she and her children had caught a lizard with a blue tail, and that they'd tried looking online to see what type it was....but couldn't figure it out.

So they called us to see if we knew the type of lizard it was...and if it was poisonous. 

Which considering we're in a desert....I'm not aware of any being unsafe to handle. 
Like tropical ones?  Yah I can see why you don't want to touch them. 

But desert ones? 

In any case.... I had no idea what type of lizard it was. 
And told the customer so.

And her response was "Well is there someone there who does?"

Not currently because I was the only one scheduled.
But I told her that it was unlikely my coworkers would know either....

Because we don't deal with wild animals. 
We don't sell wild animals.

We only really know the reptiles we sell in the store.
And the local lizards?
We don't sell them. 
So we wouldn't know which types were 'safe' and which were 'dangerous.'

She was understanding.
It made sense why we wouldn't know.

But now she wanted to know who would know.

*shrugs* Idk. A zoo? An aquarium? A visitor center of the local state/national parks? 
I honestly don't know. 

Hopefully she found answers.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment