Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Escape Attempt

Anoles are annoying creatures.
Because they're often fast.
Hard to catch.
And like to escape.

That's what happened today while I was doing the bedding change for the reptile cages.
One of the lizards had climbed into a decoration and was refusing to come out.

And when I finally managed to convince the bugger to get out....
The Bahaman anole proceeded to jump down to the ground and skitter away underneath the shelves nearby.

Which ahhhh!!!
Loose lizard!
So I went scrambling after it, trying to catch the thing.

Only Bahamans are darker colored lizards.
So when they hold still they can blend in rather well with the shadows. 

So I spent a good amount of time just shining a light to try and see the creature before trying to catch it....only for the lizard to move to the other side of the aisle where I couldn't reach it so I'd have to get up, dash around to the next aisle...only to find it had either crossed over.....or gone back to the aisle I'd just vacated.

>.<
Gah.
I finally called a coworker over to help me so that we could try and catch the lizard from both sides.

And I finally managed to snag the creature. 

So THERE! HA!

Only....pretty sure the lizard got his own revenge lol. Because my muscles have been more sore today...and it's probably partially tanks to that made scramble around the store to catch it. *shakes head*

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment