Thursday, October 11, 2018

Take. The. Dog. Out. Side.

A woman and her excitable dog approached me this afternoon at work.
To inform me that her dog had peed over by the registers and wanted to know if there was a mop or papertowels that she could use to clean it up.

So I was like "How big is the spill?"
"It's big."

Ah. So it was a mop then.
If it was small enough for papertowels I would have just directed the customer to our cleaning stations we have throughout the store so she could clean it up.
But huge spills would need a mop and we usually don't let customers wield those. 

So I go to the back. Grab the mop.
Wheel it up to the front. And see the spill. 
With the customer coming up to it.
Okay.
Got it.

Only as I'm wheeling it to the large puddle, I notice a smaller one.
Got it.
No big deal. Mop up the bigger one and then the smaller one.

So I did that. And went to search for some 'wet floor' signs so customers wouldn't slip.
And what do I find?

Another pee spot.

Where I had just gone by like two minutes earlier and hadn't seen.
But the doggy had definitely gone that way in the meantime.
Meaning...
>.< It was a third spill.

And I only had two wet floor signs nearby.
Meaning I had to go to another clean up station to grab another sign.

AND WHAT DO I SEE?!

Two more pee areas in the leash aisle.
ANOTHER pee area by our cat adoption area.
And the manager comes over the intercom with YET ANOTHER spill over by the training center.

THE FREAKING DOG PEED IN THE STORE EIGHT TIMES.

And the customer made no other effort to inform us of these spills.
She'd only told us of the first one.
AND it had to be her dog. Because it was the ONLY dog in the store at the time. >.< 

Did she not notice?
Possibly. Customers can be completely clueless sometimes.
But still.
EIGHT times?

WHY?

I get that the customer was probably like "Oh, you're done now. No need to take you outside."
But the fact that it happened eight times.
GaH.
I was ready to just march up to the customer and be like "GO TAKE YOUR DOG OUTSIDE ALREADY." Because she was creating sooo many hazards in the store just by letting her dog go wherever. I mean what if someone had slipped?! Gah.

-_-

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment