Monday, October 15, 2018

Green

I had a customer come into the store today.
Looking for something that would help him control the algae in his tank.
So I asked him how big it was, as usually my mind goes to the plecos when it comes to getting rid of algae and I wanted to make sure I recommended the right size algae eater for him.

It was a 45 gallon tank.

So I was like "What type of algae is it."
Hoping that it would be green.
Because some plecos don't eat certain algaes.
It was green.
So I could go full steam ahead.

However, in the course of conversation....
I was like "How much algae is there."
"None right now, but it will have some soon." 

O.o
"How new is your tank?" I asked.
He'd just set it up the night before.

Which meant....the tank had no algae.

So I told him that he wouldn't need an algae eater for at least a month.

He seemed doubtful of that news. Confident his tank would get algae quickly.
But I told him so long as he didn't overfeed his fish and only left the lights on for like 8-10 hours then the algae wouldn't grow.

And that...lol he was like "You just answered all my questions! Because I'd been wondering if I was overfeeding my fish or leaving the lights on too long and you just told me I was and wow! You're amazing!" 

^^;; 
Lol glad I was able to help.
He left a much happier customer as I was able to help him figure out a solution to his problem. :D 
So yay. ^^;;

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment