Monday, October 1, 2018

Just Redial

I probably could have handled the call a little better.
A customer called on the phone, sounding grandfather aged, who wanted to know information about neutering his dog and if we did that here.

Which I explained to him that the Vet within our store would neuter dogs, but the store itself did not.

...Really I should have just said "Yes, our Vet will." 

Because the dude wasn't comprehending that we could do it yet couldn't do it.
He wasn't understanding that there was an actual vet clinic located within our Petstore.
And it's the clinic that handles that sort of thing.
The Petstore just sells...like well toys and food and animals and such. 

In any case he was like "How do I get a hold of them?"

Which I could have tried to transfer him to the Vet.
Because we can do that now.
But nearly every time I try and transfer them under the new system....I end up accidentally hanging up on the customer because the phones are dumb and like to bring up different screens at the wrong time... *Exhales*

So to make it easier for the customer I was like "Just call back this number and listen for the vet option and press that button. It will be number 7 or 9"
-I haven't listened to the options for a while, I don't remember exactly what number to press. 

-_-
Cue fifteen seconds after hanging up with the guy....the phone lit up with his number on the caller id. 

….obviously he hadn't listened to all the options. *exhales*

Thankfully someone else grabbed the phone before I did.
Though I heard a second later on over the radios. "Could a manager talk to a customer about neutering procedures?" 

Which I'm assuming the manager did.
As I didn't hear anything after that point.
Idk if the manager just spoke to the customer.
Or if they ended up transferring him over to our Vet.

In any case.
I hope he got the answers he was looking for at least.... 

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment