Sunday, October 18, 2015

MLAARE -Blood

Oops.

That's all I can say...
Oops.

So, the situation.

We sold a couple of rats to a customer.
-I wasn't there, but I was super happy.
Because Rats....they don't sell that often in our store.
And unfortunately they end up getting full grown before we finally find an owner wanting to buy them.

This was the case with this particular duo of rats.

Poor things...
They have the worse luck.

As in the cage we had a set of three rats.
One has been here for at least 6 months I feel like... At least the beginning of the summer I'm sure.
The second, came in a couple weeks or so after the first.
And the third, same story, came in a couple of weeks after the other two.

Thankfully, it was the two older ones who finally got sold.
Again.
As they've gone through the rounds here at the store.
I'm pretty sure that this was like their fourth time getting sold.
And...
Their fourth time getting returned.
Both of them. :(
Why?
Because apparently the other rat that was already at the customer's home wasn't playing nice with them.
*sighs*
So...We got the two rats back,
the third one, hadn't sold at all, so it was still in the cage.
After the proper quarantine time -to ensure they weren't sick.
I decided to return the two rats to their third buddy.
Since they'd been together before, I thought nothing of it.
They would get along.

Wrong.
It was a couple of hours later.
I'd just gotten back from a break.
And saw a family looking at the rats,
So I stopped to talk to them.
And they're like "We're doing fine, but this guy doesn't appear to be."
And I look in the cage.
There was Blood.
Bright Red Blood. Smeared on the glass.
And right there, was the third rat.
Big droplets of bright red vivid blood dropping down his back.

Apparently one or both of the rats had attacked the third one!!
AH!!

I couldn't have that.
No way.
So I pulled out the third rat, to get him into our sick room, so that he could heal from his injuries in a quiet place.

The customers were concerned. "What's going to happen to him?"
Like they were worried that I was going to kill the rat because he was injured. O.o
Uh...No. "I'm just taking him to our sick room where we can get him to the vet and have him heal."
-The wounds weren't bad enough to see a vet (yet, hopefully they heal cleanly) but I did take the poor creature into the back to give him his own cage again.

Ah.
The blood.
I had to put Stypic powder on the wounds (there were like 2 or 3, hard to tell with so much blood on the body) to get them to stop bleeding, and did my best to clean the blood off him.
-Which is hard to do when most of the rat is white and red likes to stain things.

Thankfully the wounds are scabbed and healing.

But yeesh!
I have no idea why they decided not to get along again the three of them. >.<

At least the incident was caught before the wounds got more serious than they were....

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment