Monday, October 19, 2015

MLAARE -Knuckle Scrapes

It's always interesting, to get injured at work.
I mean, it's hardly ever serious. Small scrapes, cuts, bruises.
Working with animals means that sort of thing.

And often, I'm moving too quickly to realize I've been injured after the fact.

Right now, I'm sporting an three scrapes on my right hand.

Not quite sure how I got them.
I was busy, working quickly. Trying to get my department open, while also trying to ensure that everything was up to standards in case the auditor showed up. (Which he did.)

One of the tasks that I needed to quickly do.
Was change out some lightbulbs in our reptile display cages.
Because a few of them had burned out.

One of the bulbs that no longer worked, was a bulb in our Aquatic Turtle tank.
Which is a big long tank, half full of water.
Not easy to move around at all.
And you have to move it in order to reach the bulb to change it out.

And since its full of water, its very easy to make a mess. Plus its heavy.

So my goal was to move it as little as possible.
Which meant I pulled it out to the point where I could slip my hand in -which took a couple of tries-
But thankfully, I have thin wrists and hands, so I was able to get in and out and switch out the bulbs without too much hassle from the tank itself.

Though I think, it's at this point that I managed to get the nice little scrapes on my hands.
Which make it look like I probably punched someone.
Because it's right along my knuckles.
lol.

-Sarnic Dirchi

No comments:

Post a Comment